26 January 2020

The Song Unsung

Have you ever heard the sound of a rose singing?
Oh darling I've been waiting to hear you sing
I saw a rose in my garden, the stubborn thing wouldn't bloom
I sang her songs day and night
Hoping my voice would help her rise

I brought her sunshine, I brought her rain
I brought her best sand from a distant plain
Still the silly stubborn thing wouldn't sing
Give it time I said, she needs love

The lilies cawes and the sunflowers wooed
But still my rose wouldn't sing.

So I wove her poetry from the depths of my soul
I gave her sap, from my veins
She was surrounded by her own like
And slowly I saw her opening up

They say that the last one to bloom
Is the most beautiful of them all
Her voice was the sweetest,
She sang pure and clear for all to hear

All nature stilled and even the wind
Didn't want to miss her special kiss
She was the best, the brightest one
I watched and waited, but she didn't pick me.

We all waited to hear her first song
She sang and she sang
But she didn't sing for me

1 comment: